Terms and Conditions for Instant Win Competition
SELECT AUSTRALIA 2023 FOOTY STARS INSTANT WIN COMPETITION – TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- The Promoter is Select Australia Pty Limited (ACN 003 881 052) of Unit 7, 53 Myoora Road, Terrey Hills, NSW, 2084. The Promoter is running the competition.
- The competition will commence at 12:00noon AEST on 9th March 2023 and ends at 5:00pm AEST on 31 October 2023 (“Competition Period”).
Eligible Entrants who are residents of the Australian Capital Territory and South Australia are not permitted to enter the competition until on or after 5 May 2023. For Eligible Entrants who are residents of the Australian Capital Territory and South Australia, any reference to Competition Period in these Terms means the period from 5 May 2023 to 31 October 2023.
- Australian residents (those aged under 18 years old will require consent from their parent or legal guardian) are eligible to participate (“Eligible Entrants”). Directors, officers, managers, employees, and immediate family members of the Promoter or agencies associated with the competition are not permitted to participate.
- By entering into this competition you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Entry (“Terms”).
- This competition is authorised by the following permit numbers: ACT Permit No. ACT TP 23/00806, SA Licence No. T23/544, NSW Authority No. TP/02602.
- The prizes for this competition are detailed in the attached Schedule 1 and at the date of drafting of these Terms, the total prize pool for this competition is estimated to be valued at $41,830.00. Please note that some prizes are of an uncertain value and the values in Schedule 1 are the Promoter’s best estimate at the date of drafting these Terms.
- Prizes may not be transferred or exchanged or redeemed for cash. Without limiting any other term in these Terms, all prizes (and individual element of each prize) must be taken as and when specified by the Promoter or they will be forfeited in their entirety with no replacement. The prize value estimates are correct at the date of preparing these Terms. The Promoter is not responsible for the change in prize value and you agree that if a prize (or element of a prize) is unavailable for any reason the Promoter may provide a replacement item of equal or higher value subject to any necessary approval by the relevant state/territory authorities.
- If you are the recipient of a prize, you must take part in all publicity, photography and any other promotional activity as determined by the Promoter without compensation. You further consent to the Promoter using your name, image, state or territory of residence and/or postcode only in any promotional or advertising activity.
How to Enter
STRICT COMPLIANCE WITH THESE TERMS ARE REQUIRED. NON-COMPLIANT ENTRIES ARE DEEMED INELIGIBLE.
- Eligible Entrants must first purchase a ‘Select 2023 Footy Stars Pack’ (“Pack”). The Packs will be available for purchase from the Promoter’s website and some convenience stores, supermarkets and hobby stores. The Packs may contain a card marked as an “Instant Win Card” which provides the holder with a one-off unique entry code when they scratch in the area indicated on the back of the card. Each unique entry code has been allocated a predetermined prize from Schedule 1 based upon the unique entry code.
- Eligible Entrants with an Instant Win Card must have or register for an account with the Promoter at https://selectaustralia.com.au/account/register and submit (at their own cost and risk) the unique code located on the back of the Instant Win Card during the Competition Period via the Promoter’s website Instant Win Competition Page at https://selectaustralia.com.au/pages/footy-stars-2023-instant-win
- All Eligible Entrants who have an Instant Win Card and submit the unique code on the Instant Win Card to the Promoter's website during the Competition Period instantly win a prize from the prize pool listed in Schedule 1. The prize for each unique code from an Instant Win Card has been predetermined by the Promoter. The prize will be displayed instantly after the unique code is entered on the Promoter’s website. The Eligible Entrants who submit the unique code from their Instant Win Card during the Competition Period will receive a confirmation email and the relevant prize will be dispatched to their address linked to their account with the Promoter within 28 days from the prize win. Please note there are some prizes which will not be available for dispatch until after the end of the Competition Period. Those prizes will be dispatched to the relevant winners as soon as possible after the Competition Period.
- There is no limit on the number of times an Eligible Entrant can win a prize during the Competition Period with Instant Win Cards, however there is only one prize per Instant Win Card and the unique code on each individual Instant Win Card cannot be submitted more than once.
- The prizes must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winners are unable to use the prizes as stated. The prizes are not exchangeable for cash or other goods or services and cannot be transferred without the consent of the Promoter at its absolute discretion.
- Any ineligible entries, such as the re-entering of a unique code from an Instant Win Card, will be deemed invalid by the Promoter and may lead to the forfeiture of the original prize at the sole discretion of the Promoter. The Promoter will not be liable for any Eligible Entrant’s failure to comply with these Terms nor will it be required to inform any Eligible Entrant whether their entry has been deemed invalid.
- Entries are deemed to be entered at the time the Eligible Entrant enters the unique code from the Instant Win Card via the Promoter’s website’s Instant Win Competition Page. To be valid, the entry must be entered during the Competition Period.
- The name, state or territory of residence and/or postcode of each winner of a Prize may be published on the Promoter’s website and/or Facebook page or as otherwise required by law. The last name, initial of the first name and postcode of each winner of a prize valued at over $250 will be published on the Promoter’s website within 30 days of the end of the Competition Period (except for any winner who has requested in writing that their name and postcode not be so published).
- In the event that a prize is forfeited or remains unclaimed at the end of the Competition Period, the Promoter may at its election and sole discretion, (a) destroy the unclaimed prizes; or (b) extend the Competition Period (subject to applicable state and territory lottery and gaming laws); or (c) take any other action as required by applicable state and territory lottery and gaming laws.
- This competition is a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the winner of any prizes.
- The Promoter’s decision in connection with all aspects of this competition is final and the Promoter will not enter into any negotiation or discussion as to its decisions.
- Any queries regarding the competition should be sent to the Promoter via email at firstname.lastname@example.org The Promoter may review the query and take any action that the Promoter deems in its sole discretion to be appropriate (subject to applicable state and territory lottery and gaming laws).
- The Promoter reserves its right to cancel or amend the promotion or to award similar alternative prizes of equal or greater value in the event of circumstances outside of its control subject to applicable state and territory lottery and gaming laws.
- Nothing in these Terms restricts, excludes, or modifies any Australian consumer rights under any applicable statute.
- Subject to clause 22, the Promoter and the agencies and companies associated with this competition are not liable (including but not limited to negligence) for any loss (including indirect, special, consequential, or loss of profits), expenses, damages, personal injury, illness or death suffered in connection with this competition or the use or enjoyment of any prize or part thereof except for any liability which cannot be excluded under statute (in which case it is limited to the greatest extent allowed by law).
- The Promoter may at its absolute discretion prohibit an Eligible Entrant’s participation in this competition, cancel or suspend a prize or otherwise cease to provide any prize to a winner if the winner is (in the Promoter’s opinion) under the influence of alcohol or drugs, behaves aggressively or disruptively, or behaves in a manner which may diminish the good name and reputation of the Promoter or its products and brands, or is contrary to law or is otherwise inappropriate.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. Where the operation of this promotion results in, for GST purposes, supplies being made for non-monetary consideration, entrants agree to follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of prizes.
Privacy and Personal Information
(a) how you can seek access to the personal information the Promoter holds about you and seek the correction of such information;
(b) how you can complain about a privacy breach and how the Promoter will deal with such a complaint; and
(c) whether the personal information the Promoter holds about you will be provided to overseas companies, and if so, in which countries those companies are located.
- The Promoter is not affiliated and is not an agent of any AFL club. The Promoter is a licensee of the Australian Football League.
SCHEDULE 1 – LIST OF PRIZES AS AT 14 MARCH 2023
There are 1525 Instant Win prizes available to be won.